Peer Leader Development Training
To provide advanced training as a next step for motivated students to increase their leadership capacity and equip them with ICF core competencies.
Peer Leader Development Class of 2016-17:
I wanted to develop my leadership skills beyond my coaching sessions and continue the momentum for my personal growth as a leader. This training has helped me become a better listener, a more reflective individual, and a more well-rounded human being. This training was so much more than I thought it would be. It gave me more confidence as a leader and taught me to be more self-aware of my presence and identity as a leader.
This training has allowed me to realize that being a leader is about empowering others. At its core, it is a form of service to and for others, and I absolutely love that. I used to think leadership was kind of "buzzyword-y" and self serving, but this training has made me realize that I was very wrong. Now I will be moving forward in life trying to maintain this focus on others and nudging them towards finding their own solutions and reaching their own goals in their own way.
How This Happens
Students who apply to this program must meet the following requirements:
- Completed the Doerr Institute’s professional coaching program
Commit to attend the following training dates:
- September: Friday 22nd (5-9pm) & Saturday 23rd (9am-1pm)
- October: Friday 20th (5-9pm) & Saturday 21st (9am-1pm)
- November: Friday 17th (5-9pm) & Saturday 18th (9am-1pm)
- January: Entirety of 3rd-7th for an overnight, outdoor wilderness trip
- February: Friday 9th (5-9pm) & Saturday 10th (9am-1pm)
- March: Friday 30th (5-9pm) & Saturday 31st (9am-1pm)
- Submit an application by September 7th (those selected will be notified by Sept. 14th)